The Archdiocesan Filipino Council of the - Archdiocese of Baltimore
Federation of Religious-Civic-Cultural-Organizations / Regional-Professional Groups / Associations and Parish-Based Workers / Volunteers
(Let us join Fr. Pete Literal (The Chaplain of AFC-AOB) in his daily prayer and reflections on the Bible readings of the day ...
TODAY’S PRAYER – August 4, 2017
Abba, Father in heaven, Wise and Mighty God, we praise You and thank You for giving us people who show us Your way, who teach us about Jesus, and share to us what Jesus did for us. How blessed are we for having a true holy priest in the person of St. John Vianney, whose feast we celebrate today. He lived his life so holy that his priestly ministry had shown so much power and transformation. You are the One who shaped him and empowered him to love Your people, as You loved him. Please grant us the wisdom and desire to follow his great example. We seek his intercession and rejoice on his examples that in the same way we may, in charity, win brothers and sisters for Christ, Your Son, and attain with them eternal glory.
Father, we believe in You and trust You. We have the confidence to say, we know You. We are blessed by Your actions in our lives through Your Son, Jesus, and the Holy Spirit. But we are sorry for the times we limit You because of our human and somewhat narrow vision of Your plan. How often we may be lacking in faith because our relationship with You is based on our self-constructed image of You. Please help us now, through the intercession of St. John Vianney, to see the reality of Yourself and what You are revealing to us day by day. Help us to love You today and to be open to what You wish to teach us about Yourself, about Jesus, and about our relationship with You. Save us from contempt born of our familiarity, like what Jesus experienced from his neighbors and childhood friends in Nazareth. Keep us open to the people You and our choices have brought into our lives. We ask this through Jesus Christ, Our Lord and Savior. Amen.
Pray the daily Sacred Scripture and be transformed in spirit and truth. Click on the link: http://usccb.org/bible/readings/080417.cfm
Renew, Reenergize our Filipino Ministry
SEPTEMBER 17, 2017 AT 1:30 pm @ Cathedral of Mary Our Queen.
“Filipino Community's Response to Pope Francis' Call to Missionary Discipleship“
We become bold missionary disciples when:
- We accept Filipino families are called, blessed and sent.
- We create opportunities for Encounter with God.
- We form intentional disciples.
- We enrich partnership in mission and ensure Christ's mission in partnership.
- We strengthen Spiritual Anchors of Filipino Ministry.
- We help each one succeeds.
- We become portals of sanctification and evangelization.
- We touch Jesus in the faces of the poor and the needy.
- We create visible Filipino presence in local churches.
- We create a missional engagement culture in our young people.
- We connect good will, good works, and Good News.
- We build spirit of servanthood in leadership.
- We build collaborative teams and supportive environment.