The Archdiocesan Filipino Council of the - Archdiocese of Baltimore
Federation of Religious-Civic-Cultural-Organizations / Regional-Professional Groups / Associations and Parish-Based Workers / Volunteers
(Let us join Fr. Pete Literal (The Chaplain of AFC-AOB) in his daily prayer and reflections on the Bible readings of the day ...
TODAY’S PRAYER – February 21, 2018
Abba, Father in heaven, first of all, I thank You for allowing me to fix my computer, the vehicle I use to spread Your Most Holy Word to my family and friends. As we are taking this Lenten journey, Your Word is a lamp to our steps and a light to our lives. We depend on Your guidance and accompaniment. Today we thank You for story of Jonah, the sign which is hidden in the belly of the whale, that points to us of Jesus love for us. He was buried and hidden away in the tomb – out of sight - just like Jonah. After three days, He rose from the tomb and signaled to all that He is truly God and draws us out of our little or big sins that keep us from basking in the light of His constant love for us. For this, we are truly blessed and grateful.
Father, do not be frustrated with us. Help us to prevent our sinful nature get the upper hand in our situations. With your grace, we can be childlike, with open hearts and minds, and faithful trusting hearts. You are our Lord, who teaches what is good for us and leads us on the way we should go. If we hearken to Your commands, our prosperity will be like a river. If we would just settle down our own expectations of the world around us, and stop our incessant need to control our lives, we will hear Your word a bit more clearly. With You, we will find ourselves with more joy that we thought possible. And on this Lenten season, we will find our longing for Jesus guiding our lives. We ask this through Christ, Our Lord. Amen.
Pray the daily Sacred Scripture and be transformed in spirit and truth: http://usccb.org/bible/readings/022118.cfm
“Filipino Community's Response to Pope Francis' Call to Missionary Discipleship“
We become bold missionary disciples when:
- We accept Filipino families are called, blessed and sent.
- We create opportunities for Encounter with God.
- We form intentional disciples.
- We enrich partnership in mission and ensure Christ's mission in partnership.
- We strengthen Spiritual Anchors of Filipino Ministry.
- We help each one succeeds.
- We become portals of sanctification and evangelization.
- We touch Jesus in the faces of the poor and the needy.
- We create visible Filipino presence in local churches.
- We create a missional engagement culture in our young people.
- We connect good will, good works, and Good News.
- We build spirit of servanthood in leadership.
- We build collaborative teams and supportive environment.