The Archdiocesan Filipino Council of the - Archdiocese of Baltimore
Federation of Religious-Civic-Cultural-Organizations / Regional-Professional Groups / Associations and Parish-Based Workers / Volunteers
(Let us join Fr. Pete Literal (The Chaplain of AFC-AOB) in his daily prayer and reflections on the Bible readings of the day ...
TODAY’S PRAYER – October 23, 2017
Abba, Father in heaven, Generous and Faithful God, we praise You and thank You, for You have come to Your people and set them free. You are faithful to Your promises. And we are grateful for the work of Jesus, Your Son; for His deeds made us worthy and righteous. Continue to bless us with the faith of Abraham, which humbles and empowers us to follow You. Teach us to risk trusting that You will fulfill the promises You have placed in our hearts.
So Father, we do confess that the only thing we want or really need is You. You are the Source of everything we need in life. We ask that You possess us and empower us to loosen our grip on those things that we are holding tightly. As we work to earn our living, please help us to work also on our relationship with You. We realize that although one may be rich, one’s life does not consist of possessions. It is not in pursuing or sustaining a comfortable lifestyle that You are against of. Providing safe and clean home for one family, putting nutritious food on the table, saving money for education are good aspirations for us, the disciples of Jesus. But lead us to work and grow rich in what matters to You. Prevent us from pursuing worldly comfort at the expense of neglecting our relationship with You, as well as failing to hear the cry of the poor in our pursuit of material security. Please help us to put all our needs in proper perspective and to keep our priorities in order. We pray that You empower us to strive to grow rich in what matters most to You, so that we may glorify You on earth and live in Your glory for eternity. We ask these prayers through Jesus Christ, Our Lord. Amen.
Pray the daily Sacred Scripture and be transformed in spirit and truth. Click on the link: http://usccb.org/bible/readings/102317.cfm
Renew, Reenergize our Filipino Ministry
SEPTEMBER 17, 2017 AT 1:30 pm @ Cathedral of Mary Our Queen.
“Filipino Community's Response to Pope Francis' Call to Missionary Discipleship“
We become bold missionary disciples when:
- We accept Filipino families are called, blessed and sent.
- We create opportunities for Encounter with God.
- We form intentional disciples.
- We enrich partnership in mission and ensure Christ's mission in partnership.
- We strengthen Spiritual Anchors of Filipino Ministry.
- We help each one succeeds.
- We become portals of sanctification and evangelization.
- We touch Jesus in the faces of the poor and the needy.
- We create visible Filipino presence in local churches.
- We create a missional engagement culture in our young people.
- We connect good will, good works, and Good News.
- We build spirit of servanthood in leadership.
- We build collaborative teams and supportive environment.