The Archdiocesan Filipino Council of the - Archdiocese of Baltimore
Federation of Religious-Civic-Cultural-Organizations / Regional-Professional Groups / Associations and Parish-Based Workers / Volunteers
(Let us join Fr. Pete Literal (The Chaplain of AFC-AOB) in his daily prayer and reflections on the Bible readings of the day ...
TODAY’S PRAYER – October 20, 2017
Abba, Father in heaven, Merciful and Loving God, we praise You and thank You for the gifts of faith and trust, empowering our lives to try our best to become upright before You. Please help us to deepen our faith and trust in You. We cannot afford to simply claim to have faith, and continue in our sinful ways. Whatever we do in darkness will be brought to the light. We believe that everything will be revealed and nothing will be hidden. Please protect and help us. You are One with power. You are the One who promises us of salvation, if we acknowledge You and follow You. Grant us the grace to trust and live our faith with conviction, the grace to welcome the Holy Spirit in our lives, the grace to turn away from sin, and the grace to not be afraid. We believe that You take us with immense worth, so help us to live for You, for Jesus.
Father, so many misunderstanding have made our lives complex. But You know the truth about us and about the ture desire of our lives to honor You. You know what we have tried and the sweet intention of our hearts. But the weaknesses of our lives created big messes for us. Thank You for getting into our messes. You are here in our mess and You are making us holy in the pain of betrayal. We hear You repeat over and over, “do not be afraid.” So today, we open our hearts to You completely with courage, seeking Your loving embrace and merciful gaze, and hiding nothing from You. We ask these prayers through Jesus Christ, Our Lord. Amen.
Pray the daily Sacred Scripture and be transformed in spirit and truth. Click on the link: http://usccb.org/bible/readings/102017.cfm
Renew, Reenergize our Filipino Ministry
SEPTEMBER 17, 2017 AT 1:30 pm @ Cathedral of Mary Our Queen.
“Filipino Community's Response to Pope Francis' Call to Missionary Discipleship“
We become bold missionary disciples when:
- We accept Filipino families are called, blessed and sent.
- We create opportunities for Encounter with God.
- We form intentional disciples.
- We enrich partnership in mission and ensure Christ's mission in partnership.
- We strengthen Spiritual Anchors of Filipino Ministry.
- We help each one succeeds.
- We become portals of sanctification and evangelization.
- We touch Jesus in the faces of the poor and the needy.
- We create visible Filipino presence in local churches.
- We create a missional engagement culture in our young people.
- We connect good will, good works, and Good News.
- We build spirit of servanthood in leadership.
- We build collaborative teams and supportive environment.