The Archdiocesan Filipino Council of the - Archdiocese of Baltimore
Federation of Religious-Civic-Cultural-Organizations / Regional-Professional Groups / Associations and Parish-Based Workers / Volunteers
(Let us join Fr. Pete Literal (The Chaplain of AFC-AOB) in his daily prayer and reflections on the Bible readings of the day ...
TODAY’S PRAYER – December 3, 2018
Abba, Father in heaven, God of peace and life, You promise peace and healing, especially when people would be willing to "melt all swords into plowshares." Your desire is that we may exert efforts and extend our resources to be used in helping people and protecting the very purpose of their existence. We believe that Your Word radiates the truth which reveals Your holy presence in people and places we least expect. Father please take authority over our lives and create a sense of calmness in our hearts so that we may become confident in the journey we are making during the season of Advent. You are here for us, despite of our unworthiness. Grant us the humility of the Centurion of Capernaum, who sought the help of Your Son Jesus, to come under his roof, despite of his unworthiness.
Father, there are reasons that the healing of the centurion’s servant, which we know from the entire gospel to have happened, is not actually included in the passage proclaimed today. One of these reasons is that our trust is not that You will always give us exactly what want, but that You love us and is always present to us. We believe that You always give what we need, and that eternal is given to all who seek You. While we are not always worthy of Your help, please come to our aid that a new direction may be reinstituted within our lives as we prepare for Christmas. Yes, we are not worthy for You to come into our lives, but we believe in Your Love and Promise – and we believe Your Word will set us free from the darkness we have created. Please do not give up on Your people, who are so weak to bring Your reign in their lives. We ask this through Jesus Christ, Our Lord. Amen.
Pray the Sacred Scripture and be transformed in spirit and truth. Click on the link - http://usccb.org/bible/readings/1203128cfm
“Filipino Community's Response to Pope Francis' Call to Missionary Discipleship“
We become bold missionary disciples when:
- We accept Filipino families are called, blessed and sent.
- We create opportunities for Encounter with God.
- We form intentional disciples.
- We enrich partnership in mission and ensure Christ's mission in partnership.
- We strengthen Spiritual Anchors of Filipino Ministry.
- We help each one succeeds.
- We become portals of sanctification and evangelization.
- We touch Jesus in the faces of the poor and the needy.
- We create visible Filipino presence in local churches.
- We create a missional engagement culture in our young people.
- We connect good will, good works, and Good News.
- We build spirit of servanthood in leadership.
- We build collaborative teams and supportive environment.